Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Did you know who are the true and full manufactures?

In the world of high horology, the word manufacture is truly overused and abused. Many who just do some assembly, or some design or some form of manufacture claim they are a manufacture. But a true and full manufacture is one who is capable of making all components in a watch totally and independently. One such manufacture is Parmigiani Fleurier.

In my article published in the Parmigiani blog, I tell the interesting story of Parmigiani Fleurier as a manufacture. Please click on the banner link to the PF Blog, or this link for the article.

Over the weeks, I will explore each of the manufactures within the PF Group, each a full manufacture by its own right, and how it masterfully comes together into one big piece to be presented as Parmigiani Fleurier.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

While I think it's interesting to know who has the artistry, skill & expertise to be a maker of movements from beginning to end, I am also happy to purchase ETA watches. What I wish would happen is that ETA would not be renamed to suggest something a watch is not. Or there was some rule, like "Swiss Made" that established when something was in-house v "housed".