Parmigiani

Parmigiani
Take me to the Parmigiani blog!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Playing strobist with portraits

I don't normally consider myself a strobist...but as an experiment...I thought to do some simple portraits after a Watchscape session. I had just finished shooting some watches, when I thought to try our some handheld portraits. Don of The Hour Glass L'Atelier at ION Orchard stood in as a model. Shot with on camera flash. Light on the Canon Ex580 flash is modified with a white file to reflect the flash, so no direct flash hits the subject. Flash is camera left.

Hasselblad H3D-39 with HC4/120 macro lens, set at manual. f/11, 1/125s exposure.



Raising the power of the flash...same exposure



More shadows on the left, less ambient light showing through. A bit more moody shot...note the directional light hiliting the pores on his face.

Playing with the lighting affects the photograph. Which watch was I shooting?

Well, this one...



Thanks to Don for allowing himself to be a guinea pig...:-)

No comments: